The Skeletal Marketplace of Black Friday is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its frequent executions, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 16.444 billion Black Fridayians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bone City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Black Fridayian economy, worth a remarkable 2,239 trillion fridenaroes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 136,186 fridenaroes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 497,860 per year while the poor average 26,424, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Cities are engulfed by smog, meat-eating is frowned upon, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Black Friday's national animal is the black mamba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 days ago
- 11 days ago: Black Friday was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 13 days ago: Black Friday was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Black Friday fell out of the world Top 1% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 19 days ago: Black Friday fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 26 days ago: Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 36 days ago: Black Friday fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 47 days ago: Black Friday was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 52 days ago: Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 53 days ago: Black Friday lodged a message on the The Skeleton Army Regional Message Board.
- 56 days ago: Black Friday was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).