The Skeletal Marketplace of Black Friday is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its national health service, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 17.425 billion Black Fridayians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bone City. The average income tax rate is 26.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Black Fridayian economy, worth a remarkable 2,536 trillion fridenaroes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 145,565 fridenaroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Students cut up leftover fridenaroes during Arts and Crafts, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Bone City Times is sold out, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Black Friday's national animal is the black mamba, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Black Friday, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Black Friday, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Bone City Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Black Friday, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Black Friday, students cut up leftover fridenaroes during Arts and Crafts.
- : Black Friday lodged a message on the The Skeleton Army Regional Message Board.
- : Black Friday relocated from Osiris to The Skeleton Army.
- : Black Friday was refounded in Osiris.
- : Black Friday ceased to exist.
- : Black Friday was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).