“All Enduring, Each Achieving”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Arch Kingdom of Blacaria is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Premier Joreg Koch with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.371 billion Blacariuns are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Etova. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 84%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blacaria's national animal is the Black Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Secular, and its currency is the Caprec.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Blacaria's influence in Oracia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Blacaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Blacaria relocated from Lazarus to Oracia.
- 6 days ago: Blacaria was refounded in Lazarus.
- 16 days ago: Blacaria ceased to exist.
- 34 days ago: Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 38 days ago: Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 41 days ago: Blacaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 41 days ago: Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.