The Arch Kingdom of Blacaria is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Christian Knai with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 12.856 billion Blacariuns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Etova. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.5%.
The very strong Blacarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,835 trillion Caprecs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Tourism. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 142,798 Caprecs, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', and Prime Minister Christian Knai's mistress is the belle at many state balls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blacaria's national animal is the Black Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Secular.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blacaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Blacaria's influence in Eternity rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Blacaria's influence in Eternity rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Blacaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Blacaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Blacaria's influence in Eternity rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Blacaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.