The Queen's State of BL is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its complete lack of public education, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.192 billion BLians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.9%.
The very strong BLian economy, worth 239 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 46,133 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 447,298 per year while the poor average 229, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. BL's national animal is the deer.
BL is ranked 52nd in B1 Kingdom and 64,270th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 68 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 52 days ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: BL was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: BL was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 13 days ago: BL was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: BL was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: BL was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 27 days ago: BL was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: BL fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 29 days ago: BL was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 30 days ago: BL fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 35 days ago: BL fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.