“We are the Children of Destiny ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Ever-Watchful Federation of Biyah is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Richard Ian Lee with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 21.715 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aklantha. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
Most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, military spending recently hit a new high, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biyah's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 minutes ago
- 9 minutes ago: Biyah lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
- 10 minutes ago: Biyah lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Biyah applied to join the World Assembly.
- 12 days ago: Biyah resigned from the World Assembly.
- 12 days ago: Biyah was endorsed by The Sepatarch of Tim Stark.
- 12 days ago: Biyah lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Biyah endorsed The Kenbetic KennKenbet of Neavilos.
- 12 days ago: Biyah endorsed The Theocracy of Sentimental Journey.
- 12 days ago: Biyah endorsed The Sepatarch of Tim Stark.
- 12 days ago: Biyah was endorsed by The Benevolent Dictatorship of The Dourian Embassy.