“We are the children of destiny. ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Ever-Watchful Federation of Biyah is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Richard Ian Lee with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 24.607 billion Biyahians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aklantha. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
A massive campaign is underway to ensure the race of Biyah remains pure, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biyah's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 11 hours ago: Biyah lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
- 11 hours ago: Biyah relocated from The Refuge to Osiris.
- 8 days ago: Biyah was removed from the regional ban list of Osiris by The DeleFISH of Cormac A Stark.
- 79 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 94 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 111 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 115 days ago: Biyah's influence in The Refuge rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 119 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 155 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.