The Ever-Watchful Federation of Biyah is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Richard Ian Lee with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 25.75 billion Biyahians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aklantha. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Biyahian economy, worth a remarkable 4,896 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 190,142 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
A massive campaign is underway to ensure the race of Biyah remains pure, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biyah's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Biyah is ranked 2nd in Lemuria and 8,954th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 301 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 30 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 31 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 36 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 39 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 41 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 44 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 57 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.