The Ever-Watchful Federation of Biyah is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Richard Ian Lee with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 25.598 billion Biyahians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aklantha. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Biyahian economy, worth a remarkable 4,867 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 190,142 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
A massive campaign is underway to ensure the race of Biyah remains pure, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biyah's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 9 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 6 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 11 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 16 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Biyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 32 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 35 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Biyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 64 days ago: Biyah lodged a message on the Lemuria Regional Message Board.