The Narnian Republic of Bisim is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Golg with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 12.312 billion Bisis are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lombardi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.2%.
The all-consuming Bisimian economy, worth a remarkable 1,759 trillion Jewels a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 142,904 Jewels, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 635,940 per year while the poor average 19,986, a ratio of 31.8 to 1.
Young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangness and Sorcery, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, it turns out that money can buy you happiness, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million Jewel battlesuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Bisim's national animal is the Salamander, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and Largest Mining Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market and Most Avoided.
- : Bisim's influence in Cair Paravel rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Dank memes".
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Quarantine Regulation".
- : Bisim lodged a message on the Cair Paravel Regional Message Board.
- : Bisim voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Sexual Privacy".
Endorsements Received: None.