The Narnian Republic of Bisim is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Golg with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 11.91 billion Bisis are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lombardi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.4%.
The all-consuming Bisimian economy, worth a remarkable 1,684 trillion Jewels a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 141,427 Jewels, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 618,400 per year while the poor average 20,405, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
Lombardi has become the number one destination for urban exploration in Cair Paravel, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Bisimian bee, motorway service stations often have a higher population than the hinterland villages that the roads lead to, and young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangness and Sorcery. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem. Bisim's national animal is the Salamander, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Bisim's influence in Cair Paravel fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks".
- : Bisim's influence in Cair Paravel rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
Endorsements Received: None.