The Narnian Republic of Bisim is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Golg with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 8.871 billion Bisis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lombardi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The thriving Bisimian economy, worth 872 trillion jewels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 98,386 jewels, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, and the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced. Crime is a serious problem. Bisim's national animal is the salamander, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 8 hours ago: Bisim fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 4 days ago: Bisim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Bisim fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 8 days ago: Bisim was endorsed by The Dominion of Dracovich.
- 13 days ago: Bisim was endorsed by The Vaguely Enchanted Empire of Kitley.
- 14 days ago: Bisim's influence in The Council of Narnia fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 14 days ago: Bisim voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- 14 days ago: Bisim endorsed The Vaguely Enchanted Empire of Kitley.
- 14 days ago: Bisim endorsed The Narnian Foxes of Fotar.
- 14 days ago: Bisim endorsed The Wine Producers of Riojasia.