The Overly Humble Outcropping of Biblical Importance is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Outlaw Josey Wales with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 12.702 billion Biblical Importanceans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Environment, with Law & Order, Defense, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 4th Floor South. The average income tax rate is 76.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Biblical Importancean economy, worth 542 trillion Half-Measures a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,734 Half-Measures, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Half-Measure battlesuits, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biblical Importance's national animal is the Lady Bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Fortunecookieism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Biblical Importance was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 35 days ago: Biblical Importance was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 35 days ago: Biblical Importance fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 46 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
- 57 days ago: Biblical Importance was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 58 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The Haven Realm of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 64 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The Void of Dustwind.
- 64 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
- 65 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 65 days ago: Biblical Importance was endorsed by The Republic of Wysrod.