|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Atheist Empire
The Advanced worker-state of Bhavva is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.41 billion freaky cheezzerss love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Commerce, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of mombasa. The average income tax rate is 3%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Bhavva's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the kurtan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 4 hours ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Bhavva changed its national demonym to "freaky cheezzers".
- 11 days ago: Bhavva was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Fielek.
- 16 days ago: Bhavva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Bhavva was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 40 days ago: Bhavva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).