|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Atheist Empire
The Advanced worker-state of Bhavva is a colossal, economically powerful nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.859 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Commerce, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of mombasa. The average income tax rate is 2%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Smoking is banned in public areas, graffiti graces every city's streets, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and Bhavva's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Bhavva's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the kurtan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 17 hours ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Bhavva was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, Bhavva's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, smoking is banned in public areas.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bhavva, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- 17 days ago: Bhavva was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Bhavva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Bhavva's influence in Atheist Empire fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 30 days ago: Bhavva's influence in Atheist Empire rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".