The Blessed Realm of Bettia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hanabi Brooks with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, hatred of cheese, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.256 billion Bettians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Environment and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gabalfa. The average income tax rate is 84.6%.
The large but stagnant Bettian economy, worth 894 trillion Groats a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,190 Groats, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and eminent domain has been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bettia's national animal is the Arora, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 11 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: #1).
- 19 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 25 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: Bettia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 36 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 46 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: #1).
- 52 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: #1).
- 57 days ago: Bettia was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 57 days ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, eminent domain has been abolished.