“Bettia am byth”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Blessed Realm of Bettia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Hanabi Brooks with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate population of 18.005 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although the Environment and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gabalfa. The average income tax rate is 74%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Organ donation is compulsory, theoretical science is only theoretical, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bettia's national animal is the Arora, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Groat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- 4 days ago: Bettia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, theoretical science is only theoretical.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, organ donation is compulsory.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bettia, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- 4 days ago: Bettia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Bettia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 9 days ago: Bettia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 1 (Starblaydi WA Mission)