“We fight or we die”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Nation of Beshmakas is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Lynch with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 7.479 billion Beshmakians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stadt der Küste. The average income tax rate is 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, Stadt der Küste spends billions upgrading public transport, and a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beshmakas's national animal is the Makas Bobcat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Beshmakian dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Beshmakas fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 8 days ago: Beshmakas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 15 days ago: Beshmakas was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Beshmakas, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun.
- 17 days ago: Beshmakas was refounded in Lazarus.
- 40 days ago: Beshmakas ceased to exist.
- 69 days ago: Beshmakas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 69 days ago: Beshmakas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 69 days ago: Following new legislation in Beshmakas, Stadt der Küste spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 70 days ago: Following new legislation in Beshmakas, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.