“We will succeed above all nations in economics and war!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Berlinksis is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Lovenberg with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.203 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Izzon. The average income tax rate is 63%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Cheese Exports.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, military service is compulsory, Chancellor Lovenberg has just been declared ruler of Berlinksis in an international press conference, and all guns must be registered. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Berlinksis's national animal is the Tasmanian devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Broodies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 20 days ago: Berlinksis was refounded in Lazarus.
- 155 days ago: Berlinksis ceased to exist.
- 183 days ago: Berlinksis fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 185 days ago: Berlinksis was refounded.
- 200 days ago: Berlinksis ceased to exist.
- 219 days ago: Berlinksis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 220 days ago: Berlinksis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 229 days ago: Berlinksis lodged a message on the Neo mundi Regional Message Board.
- 229 days ago: Berlinksis relocated from Lazarus to Neo mundi.
- 229 days ago: Berlinksis was refounded.