“ˇEl pueblo unido, jamás será vencido!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Aggieland of Bergnovinaia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Head Master John Jacobs with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.044 billion Bergnovinaians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of College Station. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The government pours millions of Scholarships into rehabilitation programs annually, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the government has enacted freedom of information. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bergnovinaia's national animal is the 12th man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Scholarship.
Most Recent Government Activity: 30 days ago
- 4 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 28 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 50 days ago: Bergnovinaia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 53 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 59 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 64 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 69 days ago: Bergnovinaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 72 days ago: Bergnovinaia was refounded in Balder.
- 74 days ago: Bergnovinaia ceased to exist.