“PAX QUĂRITUR BELLO”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Federal Republic of Belschaft is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by James Lambert with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.178 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New London. The average income tax rate is 22%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Belschaft's national animal is the Belschaft Crested Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Federal Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 27 days ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Belschaft fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 33 days ago: Belschaft lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 33 days ago: Belschaft was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Belschaft, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.