The Federal Republic of Belarum is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Evan Burke with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.53 billion Belarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Industry, Defense, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Belarian economy, worth a remarkable 5,426 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 264,327 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, the eagle is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, and President Evan Burke panders to nontraditional families. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Belarum's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- : Belarum endorsed The Republic of Benha.
- : Belarum endorsed The Community of United Peoples Republic of Lewisham.
- : Belarum endorsed The Federation of Fremet.
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Belarum, President Evan Burke panders to nontraditional families.
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- : Belarum was endorsed by The Federation of Fremet.
- : Belarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.