|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Middle East
The Republic of Beirut City is a colossal, devout nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.374 billion Beirut Cityians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beirut City City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 53%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.
The government snoops on private internet connections, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive. Beirut City's national animal is the Birds, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Lira.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Beirut City lodged a message on the Middle East Regional Message Board.
- 21 days ago: Beirut City lodged a message on the Middle East Regional Message Board.
- 34 days ago: Beirut City lodged a message on the Middle East Regional Message Board.
- 56 days ago: Beirut City fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 60 days ago: Beirut City lodged a message on the Middle East Regional Message Board.
- 60 days ago: Beirut City relocated from Osiris to Middle East.
- 60 days ago: Beirut City was refounded in Osiris.
- 80 days ago: Beirut City ceased to exist.
- 91 days ago: Beirut City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 100 days ago: Beirut City fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.