The Eternal Serene Republic of Beiluxia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by His Eternal President Mister Smiles with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 8.115 billion Beiluxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lovers-by-the-bay. The average income tax rate is 63.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Beiluxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,123 trillion Smileyfaces a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,422 Smileyfaces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, and the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction. Crime is totally unknown. Beiluxia's national animal is the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 7 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- 7 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- 9 hours ago: Beiluxia endorsed The Federation of Zeklandia.
- 4 days ago: Beiluxia was endorsed by The I-Empire of AdyLand.
- 4 days ago: Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Beiluxia was endorsed by The Federation of Zeklandia.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 15 days ago: Beiluxia fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 16 days ago: Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 50 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Christian Indonesia, Tzo, Anollasia, Randomain, Earth Federation, The imperial state of Japan, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, United Governments of Newrope, Achiotopia, Onarii, Grungerock, Jamestonian Empire, Steidenland, Zyrcrestia, Wolfhunters, Mystiquelle, Osea Island, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Invictus, Asgard the Home of Thor, FreeGunsForAll, Czechoslovachia, Wisdomseekers, Kelvinski, Spncrgmn, Aipotu Ruo, Coreras, Royal Hindus, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Namabia, Slaytania, Rogue Zealand, Samonaemia, New gillingham, Richecstan, The Republic of Michigan, The United Dog Days Providence, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, The Peach Islands, Terra de Portugal, Steamhaven II, Zeklandia, and AdyLand.