“Nos Sumus Liber VitŠ”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Eternal Serene Republic of Beiluxia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Eternal President Mister Smiles with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.614 billion Beiluxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lovers-by-the-bay. The average income tax rate is 50.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Beiluxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,019 trillion Smileyfaces a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,940 Smileyfaces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Smileyfaces of property damage, euthanasia is legal, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown. Beiluxia's national animal is the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Beiluxia endorsed The Federation of Richecstan.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Beiluxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 5 days ago: Beiluxia was endorsed by The Federation of Richecstan.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, euthanasia is legal.
- 9 days ago: Beiluxia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Smileyfaces of property damage.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, abortions are routinely performed in Beiluxia's hospitals.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
Endorsements Received: 47 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Christian Indonesia, Tzo, Anollasia, Randomain, Earth Federation, Zybex, The imperial state of Japan, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, United Governments of Newrope, Achiotopia, Wolfco, Onarii, Grungerock, Jamestonian Empire, Steidenland, Zyrcrestia, Wolfhunters, Mystiquelle, Osea Island, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Invictus, Asgard the Home of Thor, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, LARF, Czechoslovachia, Wisdomseekers, Kelvinski, Spncrgmn, Aipotu Ruo, Coreras, Royal Hindus, Goat Horns, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Namabia, Zabbar, Slaytania, Rogue Zealand, Samonaemia, New gillingham, and Richecstan.