“Sumus Liber VitŠ”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Eternal Serene Republic of Beiluxia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by His Eternal President Mister Smiles with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.12 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lovers-by-the-bay. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Beiluxia's radio stations, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, abortions are routinely performed in Beiluxia's hospitals, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beiluxia's national animal is the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Smileyface.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, voting is voluntary.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, abortions are routinely performed in Beiluxia's hospitals.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Beiluxia's radio stations.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, artists are pillars of society.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Beiluxia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 7 days ago: Beiluxia was endorsed by The Dominion of Britannium.
Endorsements Received: 52 (FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Dustwind, Pacific Commonwealth, Christian Indonesia, Spadanera, Shattered Cultures, Ikhlaqistan, Tzo, Chronopolice, Port-du-sud, Kokkinostan, Grungerock, Great-Bohemia, Anollasia, The United States America, Splanger, Lubnid, Eat_aly, Western Zweiback, Atlantor Vista, Rex Republic, Republic of VEW, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Gitchie Manito, Jamestonian Empire, Stas Nikitin, Otterford, The Republic of the Dragon, The Fried Fritos, Woonsocket, Independant SPQR, Glaciacium, Cammiwoo, Glaciem, Mooiverwacht, Cenrecia, Sehkmet, Ostroma, Canes belli, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Ayunli, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Visir, EmpireOfRisingSun, Beezelbub, Freres La Cote, Earth Federation, Vilsilvia, Sonnalta, Smackalick, Britannium)