“We Love the Planet”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Earth's Republic of Beaverriver is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mark Treen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.894 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corvan. The average income tax rate is 74%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Teenage fathers are forced to join the army, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, eminent domain has been abolished, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is relatively low. Beaverriver's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Beaver dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Beaverriver was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Itanpavia.
- 9 days ago: Beaverriver was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 13 days ago: Beaverriver's influence in Rushmore rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 19 days ago: Beaverriver was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 32 days ago: Beaverriver fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 32 days ago: Beaverriver's influence in Rushmore fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 33 days ago: Beaverriver's influence in Rushmore rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 36 days ago: Beaverriver was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 37 days ago: Beaverriver was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 46 days ago: Beaverriver was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).