The Earth's Republic of Beaverriver is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Demson Unque with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.146 billion Beaverriveriteses hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corvan. The average income tax rate is 64.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Beaverriverian economy, worth 780 trillion Beaver dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 127,032 Beaver dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown. Beaverriver's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver changed its national leader to "Demson Unque".
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver applied to join the World Assembly.
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver altered its national flag.
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver relocated from Balder to Rushmore.
- 3 hours ago: Beaverriver was refounded in Balder.
- 147 days ago: Beaverriver ceased to exist.
- 155 days ago: Beaverriver was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.