“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Machiavellian Republic of Beauvoir is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.681 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sartre Times is sold out, criminals are executed and their property seized, Beauvoir is building an army to protect its overseas territories, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, Beauvoir is building an army to protect its overseas territories.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, criminals are executed and their property seized.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Beauvoir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Beauvoir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Beauvoir endorsed The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 4 days ago: Beauvoir was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sartre Times is sold out.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Malacovia, Saconian, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Capricania, Linkisheer, Shadeius, Puerto Thelosia, Chiolena, Paxderius, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Hamstery, Toongoosia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Gr4nd3nia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Vest Franksland, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Domanouq, Nukls-Andwicz, Novo Portugal, and 9 others.Pesaro and Urbino, Each-Uisge, Pileusia, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Saint Matthew, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Zeckland.