“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Machiavellian Republic of Beauvoir is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.158 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. The average income tax rate is 29%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and Raven is one of the most popular forenames in Beauvoir. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 22 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, Raven is one of the most popular forenames in Beauvoir.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Beauvoir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, Beauvoir is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 7 days ago: Beauvoir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 7 days ago: Beauvoir endorsed The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Oswaroth, Malacovia, Saconian, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Capricania, Linkisheer, Shadeius, Puerto Thelosia, Chiolena, Paxderius, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Hamstery, Toongoosia, The Kingdom of Germania, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Ravenstein, Gr4nd3nia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Isolationist countries, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Vest Franksland, Sahrath, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Imadistan, and 11 others.Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Artotzka, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, New Brussland, Domanouq, Nukls-Andwicz, Novo Portugal, Pesaro and Urbino, and Ancient Dacia.