“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Beauvoir is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.227 billion Beauvoirians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. The average income tax rate is 41%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The nation refuses to provide international aid, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Republic of Albertinum.
- 16 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Croiseigne.
- 20 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, military spending is on the increase.
- 26 days ago: Beauvoir was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Democratic Republic of Outer Prussia, infecting 1 million survivors.
- 27 days ago: Beauvoir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 30 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Beauvoir fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
- 37 days ago: Beauvoir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Lexembourg, Kroinengin, Valrem, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Toongoosia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Carswellia, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, An Clar, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Unicorania, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Mulderanian Empire, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, Canopytown, Termunus, Croiseigne, and Albertinum.