“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Beauvoir is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.024 billion Beauvoirians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. The average income tax rate is 36%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Beauvoir is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the nation refuses to provide international aid, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 21 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Beauvoir fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Beauvoir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Empire of Termunus.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Most Pristine Democracy of Canopytown.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Beauvoir endorsed The Federation of Axtro-Saxonia.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Beauvoir endorsed The Republic of Zeebstein.
- 4 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Republic of Zeebstein.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Lexembourg, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Linkisheer, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Hamstery, Toongoosia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, An Clar, Turukelia, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Esterbourne, Unicorania, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Wintermountain, Grasaland, Mulderanian Empire, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, and 2 others.Canopytown, and Termunus.