“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Machiavellian Republic of Beauvoir is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.107 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism industries.
Beauvoir is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, anti-government web sites are springing up, and the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, Beauvoir is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Dalatun.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Beauvoir endorsed The THE PATRIOTS of South Allegheny.
Endorsements Received: 91 (Eurosceptic Citizens, Ivil, Alsted, Otterner, An Clar, Jenesia, Gortagass, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Nou Occitania, Isle of Kesha, Lexembourg, Oswaroth, Malacovia, Screrefennae, Saconian, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Unified Provinces, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, Flooderai, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Capricania, Linkisheer, Filirion, Shadeius, Puerto Thelosia, Octinstine, Swanmori, Chiolena, Paxderius, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, New Kulmerland, Ivernia, Alpha and Delta Pact, Chavaria, Hamstery, Franco-Philia, Toongoosia, The Kingdom of Germania, Highfind, Indulgence and Ecstasy, The Old English Order, Kingdom Of Brendkurk, Outer Prussia, Ravenstein, Valveria, Gr4nd3nia, Minardi, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Madelish, Nova Ardora, La Nueva Madrid, Apratim, Rouleaux, Fradonia, Isolationist countries, United Federation of the World, Calacstein, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The House of Rothschild, Keris, Letzenburg, Melfar, Vest Franksland, The Fair Republic, Sahrath, Irish Republican Guard, Lapidotia, Enroslandia, United Sicilian Monicans, Voluntexas, Sauv, Warre, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Evantine, South Allegheny, Dalatun)