“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Beauvoir is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.726 billion Beauvoirians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, graffiti graces every city's streets, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grasaland.
- 8 days ago: Beauvoir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 9 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 9 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Linkisheer, Puerto Thelosia, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Hamstery, Toongoosia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, Each-Uisge, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, Athos and Byzantium, Norse German Federation, Mount Liban, Horreum, Esterbourne, Unicorania, Heusdendaal, and 5 others.Pileusia, Confederate United America, Liltow, Wintermountain, and Grasaland.