“Ours is the Fury”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Beauvoir is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Imperator Nietzsche with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.847 billion Beauvoirians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartre. The average income tax rate is 37%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
A government program is underway to revitalize Beauvoir's beaches, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beauvoir's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Pluralist Rationalism, and its currency is the Logix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 5 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- 8 days ago: Beauvoir endorsed The Union of Mulderanian Empire.
- 14 days ago: Beauvoir was endorsed by The Union of Mulderanian Empire.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, a government program is underway to revitalize Beauvoir's beaches.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Beauvoir, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 15 days ago: Beauvoir endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 18 days ago: Beauvoir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 52 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Lexembourg, Kroinengin, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Linkisheer, Chiolena, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Hamstery, Toongoosia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Outer Prussia, Veeten Engines, The Seven Provinces, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Melfar, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, Norse German Federation, Mount Liban, Horreum, Esterbourne, Unicorania, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Liltow, Wintermountain, Grasaland, and 2 others.Mulderanian Empire, and Novo Portugal.