“§ Founded 29 May 2004. §”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Cranky Old Grizzly of BearNation is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bobby ButterPaws with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.242 billion Bears hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Bear City. The average income tax rate is 57.5%.
The frighteningly efficient BearNationian economy, worth a remarkable 8,221 trillion bearlodges a year, is highly specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing, Tourism, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 353,726 bearlodges, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. BearNation's national animal is the claw, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in BearNation, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- 6 hours ago: BearNation lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 7 hours ago: BearNation lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 9 hours ago: BearNation endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Peregriniaa.
- 15 hours ago: BearNation was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Peregriniaa.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in BearNation, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 20 hours ago: BearNation lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in BearNation, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in BearNation, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: BearNation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Closeted Cases, Emory, Giscuambourg, Marsaries, Incindus Pyraxis, Lilfella, Ki Baratan, Kundu, Mattrolanka, Fennijer, Saint-Sebastian, PasQ, Skhotland, Iizaarland, Orstitzka, Corgidom, Alfoldia, Celdonie, People Who Actually Use Turn Signals, Mrawr, Stretosa, Otis-T, Himeros, Coamo, The Starlight Lands, Banyuwangi, Roulantina, VanillaLatte, Duodez, Fuyu no Yuki, Shoedown, Alabay, Discoveria, The Northumbrian Republic, and Peregriniaa.