The Hairy Old Dude of BearNation is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bobby ButterPaws Nick with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, national health service, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 26.492 billion Bears hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Bear City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient bearish economy, worth a remarkable 7,641 trillion bearpaws a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 288,459 bearpaws, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, children are expected to carve their own toys, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, and anniversaries of major historical events pass unnoticed. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. BearNation's national animal is the poodle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BearNation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : BearNation lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in BearNation, anniversaries of major historical events pass unnoticed.
- : Following new legislation in BearNation, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : BearNation endorsed The Kingdom of Ahodsir.
- : BearNation endorsed The Holy Imperial War Machine of Volcanislavia.
- : BearNation endorsed The Federal Republic of Brijska Drzava.
- : BearNation endorsed The Democratic Republic of Madsen Island.
- : BearNation was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Madsen Island.
- : Following new legislation in BearNation, children are expected to carve their own toys.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Closeted Cases, Emory, Giscuambourg, Marsaries, Kundu, Mattrolanka, Saint-Sebastian, Iizaarland, Alfoldia, Celdonie, Otis-T, Roulantina, Alabay, LeMoyne, Urdustan, Duodez, Ki Baratan, Catanthia, Equitia, Genesis Fifteen, Confederation of Shwetank, Oneracon, Thermodolia, Carrico, New Iviskia, East Mozambique, Vulz, Moonface69, Bumnogia, Vorellia, Sadnesgirlia, Sweet-hell, Mutualist Isles, Port Cameron, Zevaran, Ecreo, Judge Magistrates, The Federation of Bach, Aruvicion, Santa Priscia, Haldana, Metsx, Novantis, Geomorphia, Saint Florence, Verum Terra, Picenis, Flaeron, Tranquilliana, Senshu, and 29 others.Potassium cyanide, Progressival, Gitchie Manito, Catorians, Djanoubia, Lienastates, Dickieslovakia, Yootxtlalkaan, Lower Mountain, European American States, Capguardia, Peldar, The Purple Pirate Nation, Fever Club, Meaty Goodness, Gctham, SanSergio-SanBacco, Biggerbuttville, Cale Nova, Junilia, Nuak, The Land of Mag, Belhomme, Bonum Locum, Orsetto, Rockyspine, Xeroxa, Tyrrenian Kingdom, and Madsen Island.