“BYB, BYB, BYYB: BOB, BOB, BOB.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: International Democratic Union
The Community of Bear Scout Association is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Chief Scout with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.028 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 20%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration industries.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, the Chief Scout has just been declared ruler of Bear Scout Association in an international press conference, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime is moderate. Bear Scout Association's national animal is the pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the good deed.
Most Recent Government Activity: 39 days ago
- 47 days ago: Bear Scout Association changed its national leader to "the Chief Scout".
- 47 days ago: Bear Scout Association altered its national flag.
- 47 days ago: Bear Scout Association lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 47 days ago: Bear Scout Association relocated from Balder to International Democratic Union.
- 47 days ago: Bear Scout Association was refounded in Balder.
- 129 days ago: Bear Scout Association ceased to exist.
- 134 days ago: Bear Scout Association fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 182 days ago: Bear Scout Association was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 206 days ago: Bear Scout Association was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 243 days ago: Following new legislation in Bear Scout Association, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.