“What is love? Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Serene Democracy of Bear Connors Paradiso is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dr Eamer with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.185 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mark Barry Michael. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Bear Connors Paradiso's national animal is the swan, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is agnostic, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 105 minutes ago: Bear Connors Paradiso was endorsed by The Allied States of The Livathum.
- 2 hours ago: Bear Connors Paradiso was endorsed by The Empire of Werelantis.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bear Connors Paradiso, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bear Connors Paradiso, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bear Connors Paradiso, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 10 hours ago: Bear Connors Paradiso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 10 hours ago: Bear Connors Paradiso voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bear Connors Paradiso, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Bear Connors Paradiso endorsed The United Socialist States of Edgardian Empire.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Bear Connors Paradiso was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Kholdan, Kanneronic, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, South Pacific Belschaft, The Union of Free Individuals, Aramanchovia, Gauthier, Ancient Slobovia, Theorin, Cape Adare, Kiasu-ism, Notbotswana, Bhiff, No moking, Soem, Yeses, Michu, Sierra Lobo, Curlyhoward, Kringalia, Tsunamy, Ryccia, Kien Truong, RandomGuyNation WA Seat, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Lord Booze, TorchWood 18, Karatengisa, Brutland and Norden, SketchyGround, The Dragons Islands, Drakkaris, Naples and Sicily, Iyadara, Katostan, Sud-Freistadt, Sanden, Akiroslobaquia, Tealia, Brinagada, Creepypastian, Sherlockopia, ErinMcMahon, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Glenavar, Farengeto, Alv, and 16 others.Axelzuera, Aschenburg, BIOTECH Industries, Sandaoguo, Kandoo, Southern Wiland, American Republic of Independent States, Lakarian, Terrariel, Ihmawrtl, Pillaganburnistan, Imperator Zhodo, Raptor Davros, Edgardian Empire, Werelantis, and The Livathum.