“Honor; Loyality; Voice”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Socialist States of Bazella is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.919 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bazatta. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, almost all of Bazella's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and torture is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bazella's national animal is the Albino Werewolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Bezza.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 15 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Bazella was endorsed by The Rainbow Taco of Stujenske.
- 2 days ago: Bazella was endorsed by The Phoenix King of Feux.
- 3 days ago: Bazella was endorsed by The Refugee of Griffin Somerset.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Bazella was endorsed by The Ancient Delegate Sheep of Drop Your Pants.
- 8 days ago: Bazella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Bazella was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Bazella was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 18 days ago: Bazella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Bazella was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Bazella, torture is illegal.