The Holy Empire of Barronstan is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Barron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.963 billion Barronstanis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ancient City of Gold. The average income tax rate is 70.6%.
The powerhouse Barronstanian economy, worth 993 trillion dracos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 124,746 dracos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has declared war on all passing comets, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers, and prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barronstan's national animal is the Horned Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodox Christian Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Barronstan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Barronstan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Barronstan relocated from Asia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Barronstan was ejected and banned from Asia by The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant.
- : Barronstan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Barronstan's influence in Asia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Barronstan's influence in Asia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
Endorsements Received: None.