The Holy Empire of Barronstan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Barron with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.09 billion Barronstanis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ancient City of Gold. The average income tax rate is 69.9%.
The powerhouse Barronstanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,010 trillion dracos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 124,938 dracos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has declared war on all passing comets, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers, and prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barronstan's national animal is the Horned Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodox Christian Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barronstan's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Barronstan's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Barronstan's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Barronstan's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector, Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Most Corrupt Governments, and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Barronstan lodged a message on the The Land of Kings and Emperors Regional Message Board.
- : Barronstan relocated from Balder to The Land of Kings and Emperors.
- : Barronstan was refounded in Balder.
- : Barronstan ceased to exist.
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.