The Holy Empire of Barronstan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Barron with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.395 billion Barronstanis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ancient City of Gold. The average income tax rate is 69.9%.
The powerhouse Barronstanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,048 trillion dracos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 124,938 dracos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has declared war on all passing comets, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers, and prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barronstan's national animal is the Horned Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodox Christian Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Barronstan's influence in Wintreath rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Barronstan's influence in Wintreath rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Barronstan's influence in Wintreath rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Barronstan's influence in Wintreath rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Largest Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Avoided and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Barronstan relocated from Osiris to Wintreath.
- : Barronstan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Barronstan ceased to exist.
- : Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Largest Publishing Industry.