“Many flames, one fire!!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Lands of Barronstan is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Great Sage President Barron with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.366 billion Fire Sages are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Federal District Zero. The average income tax rate is 87%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, private law firms are unheard of, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barronstan's national animal is the Horned Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Nationalism, and its currency is the draco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Barronstan fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 7 days ago: Barronstan relocated from Balder to Yokai.
- 7 days ago: Barronstan was refounded in Balder.
- 35 days ago: Barronstan ceased to exist.
- 36 days ago: Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 37 days ago: Barronstan was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 39 days ago: Barronstan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 39 days ago: Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 42 days ago: Barronstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.