“Who Dares Wins!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Barrmania is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chancellor Barr with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.005 billion Barrmanians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waterfordtopia. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Barrmania's national animal is the parrot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Cult of Barr, and its currency is the Captain Morgans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 7 days ago: Barrmania altered its national flag.
- 7 days ago: Barrmania was refounded in Lazarus.
- 15 days ago: Barrmania ceased to exist.
- 19 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 20 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 22 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 24 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 25 days ago: Barrmania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.