“Don't Mess With Zardoz. We Won't Clean You Up.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Zardozian Butlers of Barrarabia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Barry the Butler with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.408 billion Barrarabians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mop Head. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
The Barrarabia Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barrarabia's national animal is the Bed Bug, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Zardozian Way, and its currency is the Handi Wipe.
Barrarabia is ranked 5,807th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry, scoring 84 on the Gilded Widget Scale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Barrarabia was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 3 hours ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 3 hours ago: Barrarabia relocated from The West Pacific to 10000 Islands.
- 3 hours ago: Barrarabia relocated from The East Pacific to The West Pacific.
- 3 hours ago: Barrarabia relocated from Empire of Power to The East Pacific.
- 18 hours ago: Barrarabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Barrarabia changed its national motto to "Don't Mess With Zardoz. We Won't Clean You Up.".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Barrarabia altered its national flag.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Barrarabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Mighty Kingdom of Titanica.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Markanite.