“Don't Mess With Zardoz. We Won't Clean You Up.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Zardozian Butlers of Barrarabia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Barry the Butler with an even hand, and notable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.782 billion Barrarabians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mop Head. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
The Barrarabia Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barrarabia's national animal is the Bed Bug, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Zardozian Way, and its currency is the Handi Wipe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Sovereign State of Osea Island.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Barrarabia was endorsed by The Sovereign State of Osea Island.
- 12 days ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Liberal Republic of Avirum.
- 12 days ago: Barrarabia was endorsed by The Liberal Republic of Avirum.
- 14 days ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Island Paradise of Hawalius.
- 15 days ago: Barrarabia was endorsed by The Island Paradise of Hawalius.
- 15 days ago: Barrarabia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Blessed Elvish Haven of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 20 days ago: Barrarabia was endorsed by The Blessed Elvish Haven of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 22 days ago: Barrarabia endorsed The Void of Dustwind.