The Republic of Bankstown City is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 7.849 billion Bankstown Cityians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bankstown CBD. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bankstown Cityian economy, worth 532 trillion Australian Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 67,853 Australian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Tabloids coo over Leader's expected child, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", and the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (Bankstown City has found 1 easter egg). Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bankstown City's national animal is the Ibis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bankstown City's influence in Australia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Bankstown City's influence in Australia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bankstown City's influence in Australia rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Bankstown City lodged a message on the Australia Regional Message Board.
- : Bankstown City relocated from Balder to Australia.
- : Following new legislation in Bankstown City, the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (Bankstown City has found 1 easter egg).
- : Bankstown City was refounded in Balder.
- : Bankstown City ceased to exist.
- : Bankstown City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Bankstown City's influence in Australia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".