The Republic of Bankstown City is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The humorless population of 8.299 billion Bankstown Cityians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bankstown CBD. The average income tax rate is 78.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bankstown Cityian economy, worth 561 trillion Australian Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 67,708 Australian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (Bankstown City has found 1 easter egg), and school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bankstown City's national animal is the Ibis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bankstown City was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Bankstown City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Bankstown City's influence in Central Pacific Empire rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Bankstown City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Bankstown City's influence in Central Pacific Empire rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Bankstown City's influence in Central Pacific Empire rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Bankstown City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Largest Populations.
- : Bankstown City lodged a message on the Central Pacific Empire Regional Message Board.
- : Bankstown City relocated from Osiris to Central Pacific Empire.
- : Following new legislation in Bankstown City, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.