The Democratic people's republic of Bakilior is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Grand Duke Chang Kai-Shek with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, parental licensing program, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 4.765 billion Bakiliorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chechnya. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The sizeable but stagnant Bakiliorian economy, worth 46.9 trillion state dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 9,847 state dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bakilior's national animal is the North primorsky elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Bakilior is ranked 141st in Europeia and 13,685th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 227 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Bakilior voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Aircraft Accord".
- : Bakilior was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Bakilior was endorsed by The United Conglomerate of Balkania Corp.
- : Bakilior was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Black Orchids.
- : Bakilior was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Mousebumples, Pope Joan, New Spera, Saint-Justin, --Neo-America--, Voxum Mortalum, Fifthland, Aevana, Archology, The Knights who say Neee, HackF, Aerindon, Precisely Nothing, Pixelistan, Dictator Anna 10, The United Yognaughts, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Kaboomlandia, Kotenoka, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, San Pera, Meropis, Italios, Helvetti, New Yukotania, Valcavia, NGC 6543, Sartaria, Poquaoi, Hurrdadurristan, North Tandahar, Arwanezh, Consol Energy, Kiosland, Fandavia, Etyria, Great Eldaria, Thal Elarri, Marnuvia, Langaria, Eloscape, Beriwen, Restivar, GraVandius, Floe Tarragon, Fionima, Aleixus, New Equan, Slavorussia, and 22 others.Taniopai, Zombieia, Vescillo Islands WA Nation, Diabetury, The Heavenly Commonwealth, Songhan, Your Grave, Georges Danton, Duncan Isles, Haleytinium, Canis Mayorus, The Neureich, Gourmet With Genki, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Karin Woodleaves, Aexnidaral, Malashaan Colony, Arkdia, Paredonia, LesSagesStupides, Black Orchids, and Balkania Corp.