The Democratic people's republic of Bakilior is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Grand Duke Chang Kai-Shek with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 4.535 billion Bakiliorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chechnya. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The sizeable but stagnant Bakiliorian economy, worth 43.2 trillion state dollars a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 9,516 state dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, calling out of the blue has become taboo, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bakilior's national animal is the North primorsky elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bakilior was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Bakilior was endorsed by The Republic of Taniopai.
- : Bakilior was endorsed by The Empire of Slavorussia.
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- : Bakilior endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Peristonia.
- : Bakilior endorsed The Empire of Slavorussia.
- : Bakilior was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Bakilior, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Bakilior was endorsed by The Republic of New Equan.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Mousebumples, Pope Joan, New Spera, Saint-Justin, --Neo-America--, Voxum Mortalum, Fifthland, Aevana, Archology, The Knights who say Neee, HackF, Aerindon, Precisely Nothing, Pixelistan, Dictator Anna 10, The United Yognaughts, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Kaboomlandia, Kotenoka, Peacefulstan, Glorious Britannian Empire, Trollfaceia, San Pera, Meropis, Italios, Helvetti, New Yukotania, Valcavia, NGC 6543, Sartaria, Poquaoi, Hurrdadurristan, North Tandahar, Arwanezh, Consol Energy, Kiosland, Fandavia, Etyria, Great Eldaria, Thal Elarri, Marnuvia, Langaria, Eloscape, Beriwen, Restivar, Cepcecica Diplomatica, Liberatedia, GraVandius, Floe Tarragon, Fionima, and 4 others.Aleixus, New Equan, Slavorussia, and Taniopai.