The Democratic people's republic of Bakilior is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Chang Kai-Shek with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 4.362 billion Bakiliorians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chechnya. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The sizeable but stagnant Bakiliorian economy, worth 42.4 trillion state dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 9,718 state dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams, and daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bakilior's national animal is the North primorsky elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Bakilior is ranked 226th in Europeia and 21,813th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 163 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 46 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories.
- 2 hours ago: Bakilior voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Bakilior voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bakilior, governments opposing Bakilior are beset by rebels.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Mousebumples, Pope Joan, New Spera, Saint-Justin, --Neo-America--, Voxum Mortalum, Fifthland, Stonewolf, Aevana, Archology, The Knights who say Neee, ZenniZisZ, HackF, Aerindon, Precisely Nothing, Pixelistan, Dictator Anna 10, The United Yognaughts, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Kaboomlandia, Kotenoka, Peacefulstan, Glorious Britannian Empire, Nymora, Trollfaceia, San Pera, Meropis, Italios, Helvetti, New Yukotania, Valcavia, NGC 6543, Sartaria, Poquaoi, Hurrdadurristan, North Tandahar, Arwanezh, Consol Energy, Kiosland, Fandavia, Etyria, Great Eldaria, Thal Elarri, and Marnuvia.