The Democratic Republic of Baiynistan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the Chair of the People's Council with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 9.001 billion Baiyns hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hitchensgrad. The average income tax rate is 76.4%.
The thriving Baiynish economy, worth a remarkable 1,141 trillion Mekhs a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 126,819 Mekhs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, The Chair of the People's Council's mistress is the belle at many state balls, international tensions are high as Baiynistan threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime is totally unknown. Baiynistan's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Baiynistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Baiynistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Most Compassionate Citizens, and Largest Governments.
- : Baiynistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Baiynistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Baiynistan altered its national flag.
- : Baiynistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Baiynistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Baiynistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Largest Populations.
- : Baiynistan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Baiynistan ceased to exist.