|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Bettering Nations for the Greater Good
The Republic of Bailiwick Sark is a massive, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its burgeoning deer population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.966 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16%. A small private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Voting is voluntary and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is relatively low. Bailiwick Sark's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 days ago
- 53 days ago: Bailiwick Sark relocated from Western Samoa to Bettering Nations for the Greater Good.
- 67 days ago: Bailiwick Sark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 85 days ago: Bailiwick Sark relocated from Argent to Western Samoa.
- 88 days ago: Bailiwick Sark relocated from Osiris to Argent.
- 88 days ago: Bailiwick Sark was refounded.
- 132 days ago: Bailiwick Sark ceased to exist.
- 240 days ago: Bailiwick Sark altered its national flag.
- 291 days ago: Bailiwick Sark relocated from Balder to Galapagos.
- 291 days ago: Bailiwick Sark was refounded.
- 317 days ago: Bailiwick Sark ceased to exist.