“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 19.484 billion Bai Lungians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,029 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 412,084 Free BL Dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,187,973 per year while the poor average 41,003, a ratio of 53.4 to 1.
Only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 54 minutes ago
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 2 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Republic of Comrade Kennedy.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- 4 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Imperial Triumvirate of MikGonnia.
- 4 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Reliable Nation of Abzockhausen.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, United industrial, Brotherland, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, Bananalopolis, HGWQHGE, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Kalimtha, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, Ouralis, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Roissyland, Xoriet, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Belkswenia, Lerison, Articono, Reziel, Abzockhausen, MikGonnia, and Comrade Kennedy.