“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.525 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Automobile Manufacturing.
Political activists are routinely executed, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, there are no minimum wage laws, and the government is reining in public spending. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government is reining in public spending.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Bai Lung endorsed The 💀 United People 💀 of Nalt.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The 💀 United People 💀 of Nalt.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, there are no minimum wage laws.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Republic of Brotherland.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, Reziel, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Chung King, Adolanta, Trimmania, MikGonnia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Republic of Rineland, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Bachtendekuppen, Elejamie, Amselheim, Beckveria, Great Jenstonia, Ritznazzioni, United industrial, Camotes, New World Homefront NWHF, Vladimir Goethe, Brotherland, and Nalt.