“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 19.079 billion Bai Lungians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 88%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, the government seizes all major gold finds, the government snoops on private internet connections, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 2 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Belkswenia.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Bai Lung lost the endorsement of The Fanatical Federation of Freedom Fascists.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- 8 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Federation of Cranky Corners.
- 8 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Fanatical Federation of Freedom Fascists.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, United industrial, Brotherland, Susanooo, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, Bananalopolis, Free Pacific States, HGWQHGE, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Kalimtha, Reziel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, Ouralis, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Roissyland, Xoriet, Anathema Armaments, EES, PrussianEmpire, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, and Belkswenia.