“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.016 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Commerce and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Automobile Manufacturing.
All news sources are under strict government control, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, gun ownership is compulsory, and citizens must pay to enjoy Bai Lung's pristine beaches. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 109 minutes ago
- 104 minutes ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Network Neutrality".
- 8 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Empire of Xoriet.
- 9 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Karma Police of Babiana.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, citizens must pay to enjoy Bai Lung's pristine beaches.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, gun ownership is compulsory.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of The Greater States of Valyria.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung endorsed The Karma Police of Babiana.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung endorsed The Empire of Xoriet.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, Reziel, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, Haifischland, Wahnsinnland, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Chung King, Adolanta, Wang Dynasty, De Quay, Trimmania, Great Jenstonia, MikGonnia, Ziwaiworld, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Republic of Rineland, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Bachtendekuppen, Elejamie, Weed, Tonna, Amselheim, Probaptical, The Greater States of Valyria, Babiana, and Xoriet.