The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, ritual sacrifices, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.769 billion Bai Lungeses are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,618 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 414,964 Free BL Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,804,154 per year while the poor average 22,709, a ratio of 123 to 1.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bai Lung endorsed The Allied States of Silaurius.
- : Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Bai Lung was endorsed by The Allied States of Silaurius.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high.
- : Bai Lung endorsed The Democratic Republic of Andeat.
- : Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Bai Lung was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Andeat.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Brotherland, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Reziel, MikGonnia, Ramaeus, Picos, Jrustela, Lagaronians, Azrad, Default Republic, Bachtendekuppen, Eldridge Crossings, Drinnon, Sun Rosa, Freedom Fascists, Franconia Empire, Great Gravitas, Davist, EMS Conglomerate, Republic of Equatorial Kundu, Andeat, and Silaurius.