“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.776 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Automobile Manufacturing.
The government is reining in public spending, citizens must pay to enjoy Bai Lung's pristine beaches, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Republic of Brotherland.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, citizens must pay to enjoy Bai Lung's pristine beaches.
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government is reining in public spending.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, Reziel, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, MikGonnia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Bachtendekuppen, Elejamie, Amselheim, Beckveria, Great Jenstonia, United industrial, Camotes, Nalt, Rohenia, Roissyland, and Brotherland.