The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.588 billion Bai Lungeses are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,539 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 414,781 Free BL Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,720,476 per year while the poor average 24,763, a ratio of 109 to 1.
The nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and the government seizes all major gold finds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bai Lung was endorsed by The Federation of Malundi.
- : Bai Lung fell out of the world Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Bai Lung fell out of the regional Top 5% for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence.
- : Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Lung, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Brotherland, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Reziel, MikGonnia, Ramaeus, Picos, Jrustela, Lagaronians, Azrad, Default Republic, Bachtendekuppen, Eldridge Crossings, Drinnon, Sun Rosa, Freedom Fascists, Franconia Empire, Great Gravitas, Davist, EMS Conglomerate, and Malundi.