“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18.913 billion Bai Lungians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Automobile Manufacturing.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, political activists are routinely executed, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Sepulchre By The Sea of Xoriet.
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 8 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 10 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 11 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Dalimbar East Pacific State of Drinnon.
- 14 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
Endorsements Received: 36 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, MikGonnia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Beckveria, United industrial, Brotherland, Susanooo, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, Bananalopolis, Free Pacific States, HGWQHGE, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Kalimtha, Reziel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, Ouralis, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Roissyland, and Xoriet.