The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.183 billion Bai Lungeses are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,295 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 410,990 Free BL Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,695,613 per year while the poor average 24,536, a ratio of 109 to 1.
Children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 4 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Dictatorship of The Black Harpy.
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- 9 days ago: Bai Lung endorsed The Dalimbar East Pacific State of Drinnon.
- 9 days ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Dalimbar East Pacific State of Drinnon.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 14 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
Endorsements Received: 37 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Brotherland, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Articono, Reziel, MikGonnia, Meowinopolis, Ramaeus, Picos, The Three States of Fortuna, Jrustela, Tardanja, Lagaronians, Azrad, Triboland, Default Republic, Hestisimus, McStooley, Bachtendekuppen, Eldridge Crossings, and Drinnon.