“Three Principles of the People”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18.725 billion Bai Lungians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Soda Sales and Automobile Manufacturing.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, nudity is frowned upon, and tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Bai Lung Blood Tithe. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free BL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Bai Lung Blood Tithe.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, nudity is frowned upon.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, citizens must pay to enjoy Bai Lung's pristine beaches.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Southern Yugoslavia, Vulshain, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, MikGonnia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Beckveria, United industrial, Brotherland, Susanooo, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, Stonemarble, Bananalopolis, Free Pacific States, HGWQHGE, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Kalimtha, and Reziel.