The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.408 billion Bai Lungeses are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,426 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 412,892 Free BL Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,708,086 per year while the poor average 24,650, a ratio of 109 to 1.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', and the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Fanatical Federation of Freedom Fascists.
- 9 hours ago: Bai Lung endorsed The Empire of Sun Rosa.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Bai Lung was endorsed by The Empire of Sun Rosa.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 6 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, nudity is frowned upon.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Brotherland, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Articono, Reziel, MikGonnia, Ramaeus, Picos, Jrustela, Lagaronians, Azrad, Default Republic, Hestisimus, Bachtendekuppen, Eldridge Crossings, Drinnon, Sun Rosa, and Freedom Fascists.