The Free Republic of Bai Lung is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by C Y Liang with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.692 billion Bai Lungians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyongjing. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Bai Lungian economy, worth a remarkable 8,002 trillion Free BL Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 406,371 Free BL Dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,589,166 per year while the poor average 26,282, a ratio of 98.5 to 1.
All news sources are under strict government control, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bai Lung's national animal is the Tiger Pig and Man, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished.
- 3 days ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Bai Lung was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bai Lung, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 7 days ago: Bai Lung voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 8 days ago: Bai Lung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Southern Yugoslavia, Todd McCloud, Lyontisia, The Romanum Legio, Eruopia, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Adolanta, Trimmania, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, United industrial, Brotherland, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, HGWQHGE, Kalimtha, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Owali, Ouralis, Drinnon, Roissyland, Xoriet, EES, Dracconis, Cranky Corners, Articono, Reziel, MikGonnia, Meowinopolis, Ramaeus, and Place of cool punks.