“Hail the Jewel of the Lotus”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 18.381 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 39%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the escudo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 24 days ago: Bad Omen altered its national flag.
- 24 days ago: Bad Omen relocated from Balder to Portugal.
- 24 days ago: Bad Omen was refounded in Balder.
- 32 days ago: Bad Omen ceased to exist.
- 34 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 39 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.