“Hail the Jewel of the Lotus”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.229 billion Bad Omenians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 43%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the escudo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Bad Omen was endorsed by The Pure Awesomeness of Novo Portugal.
- 14 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Bad Omen lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- 23 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 26 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 27 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 29 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 41 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 43 days ago: Bad Omen was endorsed by Berlengas.
- 50 days ago: Bad Omen lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.