The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 22.275 billion Bad Omenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bad Omenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,397 trillion escudoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,626 escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bad Omen was endorsed by The Almighty Powerful Lobby of Cinoquia.
- : Bad Omen was endorsed by The Republic of Portugal r.
- : Bad Omen was ranked #1 in the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Bad Omen's influence in Portugal fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Bad Omen was endorsed by The República Federal of Dragao da Luz.
- : Bad Omen fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Bad Omen was endorsed by The Confederacy of Ofiussa.
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 14 » Jotinha, Communist Galinea, Valve, Nekropolyz, Lusitaniedades, LiberVita, Taprobana, United Portugal, Freirestan, Coimbra-shire, Portugalio, Alentejo e Algarve, Dragao da Luz, and Portugal r.