The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 22.544 billion Bad Omenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bad Omenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,434 trillion escudoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,999 escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Bad Omen endorsed The Stateless People of Cinoquia.
- : Bad Omen lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Bad Omen was endorsed by The Stateless People of Cinoquia.
- : Bad Omen's influence in Portugal rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens and the Top 5% for Nudest.
- : Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Bad Omen voted for The Rose Commune of Caelapes in the General Election.
- : Bad Omen endorsed The Republic of Athaulphia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Cinoquia.