“Hail the Jewel of the Lotus”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.642 billion Bad Omenians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 50%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the escudo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Bad Omen endorsed The Federation of Omorov-Nier.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Bad Omen was endorsed by The Fabulousness of Tiago Silva.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Bad Omen was endorsed by The Federation of Omorov-Nier.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Bad Omen lost the endorsement of The Constitutional Monarchy of Portucalae.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Bad Omen was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Portucalae.
- 10 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 11 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 11 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 11 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.