The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 20.194 billion Bad Omenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bad Omenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,161 trillion escudoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,018 escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 14 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 15 days ago: Bad Omen lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Bad Omen was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 18 days ago: Bad Omen lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.