The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 20.363 billion Bad Omenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bad Omenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,181 trillion escudoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,138 escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 21 hours ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Bad Omen endorsed The Free Land of Roquelandia.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Bad Omen endorsed The Empire of Dragulan.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Bad Omen endorsed Portuguese liberal republic.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Bad Omen endorsed The Confederação of Lapalia.
- 8 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 11 days ago: Bad Omen endorsed The Dictatorship of Nookie Island.
- 18 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.