The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Coco Jambo with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 20.927 billion Bad Omenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy is also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azweiz. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bad Omenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,250 trillion escudoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,552 escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Bad Omen's national animal is the Snow Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 6 hours ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 6 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 6 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 8 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Bad Omen fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 15 days ago: Bad Omen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 24 days ago: Bad Omen's influence in Portugal rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".