The Primareliqua of Azura is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Sellaprimor Rian Asher with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 7.427 billion Azurans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Caerulea. The average income tax rate is 17.9%.
The all-consuming Azuran economy, worth 636 trillion Numuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 85,734 Numuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, sales of fishnet stockings have reached a record high, fine dining is just too fine for most of the populace, and strategic economic sectors are controlled by the state. Crime is moderate. Azura's national animal is the Azur Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fideispatium.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azura's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Azura lodged a message on the The Local Cluster Regional Message Board.
- : Azura's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Azura's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided, Largest Populations, Most Corrupt Governments, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Azura altered its national flag.
- : Azura relocated from Osiris to The Local Cluster.
- : Azura was refounded in Osiris.
- : Azura ceased to exist.
- : Azura was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry, Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Most Armed.