The Grand Imperial Dominion of Avorez is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Basileus Diomedes Kallus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, triple-decker prams, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.61 billion Avorezians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strataxos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Avorezian economy, worth a remarkable 1,980 trillion Aureuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 299,566 Aureuses, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,306,208 per year while the poor average 43,433, a ratio of 30.1 to 1.
Basileus Diomedes Kallus claims to be the epitome of family values, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government, and violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avorez's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Reformed Polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avorez's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Most Efficient Economies, and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Avorez was refounded in Balder.
- : Avorez ceased to exist.
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Avorez fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Avorez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.