The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, avant-garde cinema, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.241 billion Avioans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,457 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 183,901 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Warfare increasingly resembles a video game, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and immigrants who don't like the taste of Aviosian Turnip Chips are immediately deported. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Avios, immigrants who don't like the taste of Aviosian Turnip Chips are immediately deported.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Avios endorsed The Democratic Republic of Tarvekia.
- : Avios was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tarvekia.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- : Avios lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Westnesia, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Kerethia, Amanor, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, The Greater African Republic of States, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, Free Celtica, Novopangaea, Southern Portland, Atheeria, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Peoples Republic of Makostan, New Bravo, Macleods, Aspandastan, Merranistan, Kethania, Artlagia, Daetchan, Glorystan, Krenkoria, Lastlandias, Sevinland, Almanastan, New Limburg, United Nations of Earth Federation, Ribellia, The Loonation, Catalhoyuuk, Linnaeya, Vinnistan, Kdogistan, Birkenia, Tecleustein, Worker and Kolkhoz, New Trotskyist Union, YugoslavUnion, Creeporistan, Herten, Tomadia, Blaist Blaland, Free Socialistic States, Soviet Union Of Alaska, and 3 others.Rhaeossau, Dimgrad, and Tarvekia.