“Birds of a feather flock together.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.794 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, the tenet of free speech is held dear, much of Avios's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Geld.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Avios was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Trans-humanist Rome.
- 4 days ago: Avios was ranked #1 in the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Avios was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, much of Avios's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, army rations are served on silver platters.
- 6 days ago: Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
- 10 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.