The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.1 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 3,426 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 148,342 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive, and there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Aviosian grocery store. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avios lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Aviosian grocery store.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Avios endorsed The United Socialist States of Remola.
- : Avios was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Remola.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the last thing Aviosian soldiers hear before charging into battle is a preacher trying to convert them.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Geminica, Jah Paradise, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Chalkstate, Kerethia, Amanor, Shadowlands Horde, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, Hydrosis, Achmenistan, The Greater African Republic of States, Downwall, Bocca Islands, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, La Repubblica popolare d Italia, Takowania, Free Celtica, New Sparkland, Southern Penguins, Egalitarian Calcova, Novopangaea, Chanel Oberlin, Vinnistan, Khamsamhpuchea, Southern Portland, St Vendetta, FACS, Rawatna, Atheeria, Isla de militarias, The great Vallaner Union, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Lusahn, Green Divinity, Transbrazil, Aureliae, Peoples Republic of Makostan, Amatsumiro, New Bravo, Downed Pilots, Macleods, Aspandastan, and 18 others.AmirAli, Equalitatem, Nation of Fugazi, Merranistan, Socialist United Democratic States, Kethania, Tolyatty, Jambaraca, Kronssia, Union of Zoviet Zocialist Republics, Arlankia, Empire Britannia, Artlagia, Joseon Jeguk, Labourila, Daetchan, Glorystan, and Remola.