The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 23.981 billion Aviosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,220 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 175,988 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and The Honorable Chairman has been known to make speeches in fishing waders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Statelessness".
- : Following new legislation in Avios, The Honorable Chairman has been known to make speeches in fishing waders.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Avios was endorsed by The People's Republic of Terra Preta.
- : Avios was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Following new legislation in Avios, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Westnesia, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Kerethia, Amanor, Shadowlands Horde, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, Achmenistan, The Greater African Republic of States, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, Free Celtica, Egalitarian Calcova, Novopangaea, Southern Portland, Atheeria, The great Vallaner Union, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Transbrazil, Peoples Republic of Makostan, New Bravo, Macleods, Aspandastan, Merranistan, Kethania, Kronssia, Artlagia, Daetchan, Glorystan, Krenkoria, Lastlandias, Distopian Utopia, Sevinland, Almanastan, Democratic-Socialist Republic of Albania, Votak Matim, Ango Island, New Limburg, United Nations of Earth Federation, Ribellia, The Loonation, United Samlandia, Catalhoyuuk, Empire of Asgadr, Linnaeya, Vinnistan, and 5 others.Kdogistan, Birkenia, Tecleustein, Worker and Kolkhoz, and Creeporistan.