The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 23.607 billion Aviosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 3,949 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 167,310 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and political dissidents are cut off from essential services. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Avios, political dissidents are cut off from essential services.
- : Avios endorsed Voij khanate.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"".
- : Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Avios endorsed The 神聖帝国 of Kannabyss.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Kerethia, Amanor, Shadowlands Horde, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, Achmenistan, The Greater African Republic of States, Bocca Islands, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, Free Celtica, New Sparkland, Egalitarian Calcova, Novopangaea, Khamsamhpuchea, Southern Portland, Atheeria, The great Vallaner Union, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Transbrazil, Aureliae, Peoples Republic of Makostan, Amatsumiro, New Bravo, Downed Pilots, Macleods, Aspandastan, Equalitatem, Merranistan, Kethania, Jambaraca, Kronssia, Empire Britannia, Artlagia, Joseon Jeguk, Daetchan, Glorystan, Remola, Volks-republik Deutschland, Krenkoria, Lastlandias, Portarthur, Distopian Utopia, and 12 others.Sevinland, Almanastan, Democratic-Socialist Republic of Albania, Prusha, Votak Matim, Ango Island, New Limburg, United Nations of Earth Federation, Ribellia, The Loonation, SeaNadania, and Kannabyss.