“Birds of a feather flock together.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.6 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Geld.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
- 4 days ago: Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 4 days ago: Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 7 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Avios fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Avios fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.