The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.292 billion Aviosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,460 trillion Gelds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 68,593 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Calling out of the blue has become taboo, the Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, women who display their ankles are shunned by society, and parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Avios, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, women who display their ankles are shunned by society.
- : Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Avios was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Rulcianada.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- : Avios endorsed The United Socialist States of Rulcianada.
- : Avios fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Avios fell out of the regional Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Demokina, Crimpleton, Buena Jersey, Qygen-Koban, Geminica, NoFrellsGiven, Jah Paradise, Syndikat, Egalitarian Calcova, Workers Borealia, Of Ducktopia, Theophilon, Cobrastin, Serif-Periogi, Comrade Hayden, Azania, Anarhic Morrowind, and Rulcianada.