The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.109 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 15.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,324 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 62,762 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, workers have seized control of the economy, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 21 hours ago
- 112 minutes ago: Avios fell out of the world Top 1% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 2 hours ago: Avios fell out of the regional #1 spot for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Avios was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, workers have seized control of the economy.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 19 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Demokina, Siokania, Crimpleton, Buena Jersey, Qygen-Koban, Geminica, NoFrellsGiven, Jah Paradise, Syndikat, Egalitarian Calcova, Workers Borealia, Of Ducktopia, Theophilon, Cobrastin, Newly reformed soviet states of billich, Serif-Periogi, and Rashidunistan.