The Holy Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.927 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Defense are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 3,126 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 136,363 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Avios after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, artists are pillars of society, and conspiracy theorists allege Avios City's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avios was endorsed by The People's Republic of Angleland and Scotland.
- : Avios was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport, Lowest Crime Rates, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, conspiracy theorists allege Avios City's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Avios after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Avios endorsed The Republic of AmirAli.
- : Avios was endorsed by The Republic of AmirAli.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Geminica, Jah Paradise, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Chalkstate, Kerethia, Amanor, Shadowlands Horde, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, Hydrosis, Achmenistan, The Greater African Republic of States, Downwall, Bocca Islands, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, La Repubblica popolare d Italia, Takowania, Free Celtica, New Sparkland, Southern Penguins, Egalitarian Calcova, Novopangaea, Chanel Oberlin, Vinnistan, Khamsamhpuchea, Southern Portland, St Vendetta, FACS, Rawatna, Mehrunes Dragon, Atheeria, Isla de militarias, The great Vallaner Union, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Frussi, Lusahn, Green Divinity, Soyuzistan, Transbrazil, Aureliae, Peoples Republic of Makostan, Amatsumiro, New Bravo, and 6 others.Gondolastan, Downed Pilots, Macleods, Aspandastan, AmirAli, and Angleland and Scotland.