“Birds of a feather flock together.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.281 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, meat-eating is frowned upon, and Avios has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Geld.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 7 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Avios was endorsed by The Free Provinces of The Isles of Celador.
- 23 hours ago: Avios was ranked #1 in the region for Safest.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, Avios has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Avios, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Avios voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Avios was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Avios applied to join the World Assembly.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Avios lodged a message on the Ainur Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Isles of Celador.