The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, aversion to nipples, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.255 billion Aviosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 3,580 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 153,969 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, and NationStates staff are easily recognizable by their gold-plated mansions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Avios, NationStates staff are easily recognizable by their gold-plated mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Avios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Following new legislation in Avios, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Avios's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Avios endorsed The Federation of Lastlandias.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Westnesia, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Geminica, Jah Paradise, Workers Borealia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Chalkstate, Kerethia, Amanor, Shadowlands Horde, Lord Kai, The Rising stars, Achmenistan, The Greater African Republic of States, Bocca Islands, Dindrenzi, The Lotus Land, La Repubblica popolare d Italia, Takowania, Free Celtica, New Sparkland, Southern Penguins, Egalitarian Calcova, Novopangaea, Chanel Oberlin, Vinnistan, Khamsamhpuchea, Southern Portland, St Vendetta, Rawatna, Atheeria, Isla de militarias, The great Vallaner Union, Al Qahhara, Illeron, Transbrazil, Aureliae, Peoples Republic of Makostan, Amatsumiro, New Bravo, Downed Pilots, Macleods, Aspandastan, AmirAli, Equalitatem, Nation of Fugazi, Merranistan, Socialist United Democratic States, and 15 others.Kethania, Tolyatty, Jambaraca, Kronssia, Empire Britannia, Artlagia, Joseon Jeguk, Labourila, Daetchan, Glorystan, Remola, Volks-republik Deutschland, Cappinsackin, Krenkoria, and Lastlandias.