“Birds of a feather flock together.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 18.51 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Main battle tanks stalk the woods of Avios in search of White Pelicans, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, artists are pillars of society, and many working fathers have never seen their children. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Geld.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 5 days ago: Avios was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Oranjalia.
- 5 days ago: Avios was ranked #1 in the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 7 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Avios was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 11 days ago: Avios was ranked #1 in the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 14 days ago: Avios was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Kingship of Glemica.
- 15 days ago: Avios was ranked #1 in the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, many working fathers have never seen their children.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, artists are pillars of society.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Avios, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.