The Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Aubrey the Dragonheart with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.056 billion Avaerilonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Minas Avalon. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Avaerilonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,344 trillion Aubs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 258,885 Aubs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, surveillance cameras are banned, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown. Avaerilon's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avaerilon endorsed The Space Jam of Saniwa.
- : Following new legislation in Avaerilon, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Avaerilon was endorsed by The Borderlands of Grass-Land.
- : Following new legislation in Avaerilon, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Avaerilon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Avaerilon, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Avaerilon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Avaerilon, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Avaerilon lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Avaerilon endorsed The Federal Republic of Reconcylla.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Mare Nectaris, Jamilkhuze, Millyland, New Differentia, The Free Domains, The Golden Mean, Quadrantia, The Byrds, Tyrova, Mons Garle, Socialist Republic of Elonador, North American Republics, Kanoria, Haroutito, Ceni, Lamatama, AsminoLand, The Nation of Lakota, Chameliya, New Ostlands, Grolsch, Darwurilk, Odd Republic, Freeland Newworldia, The State Of Candor, Athropia, Scorlewald, Anaaxes, Lawattsia, Reconcylla, and Grass-Land.