“For a better tomorrow”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Libertarian Democracy of Auttumn is a massive, economically powerful nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.805 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Auttumn City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Auttumn's national animal is the Canabis-feathered hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Auttumn, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Auttumn, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Auttumn endorsed The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Auttumn was endorsed by The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Auttumn changed nation type to "Free Libertarian Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Auttumn, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes.
- 5 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Auttumn, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Auttumn, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
Endorsements Received: 31 (Jenesia, Screrefennae, Lexembourg, Short shorts, Gortagass, Alsted, Chiolena, Unified Provinces, Sybaritic Socialists, Voxum Mortalum, An Clar, Nou Occitania, Beauvoir, Franco-Philia, Stromia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Kingdom of Germania, Toongoosia, La Nueva Madrid, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Calacstein, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The House of Rothschild, Lapidotia, Danworld, Norway and Iceland, Sauv, Warre)