The Republic of Auttumn is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 7.085 billion Homosexuals are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokyo-3. The average income tax rate is 83.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Homosexual economy, worth 652 trillion Leaves a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 92,088 Leaves, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Private law firms are unheard of, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Auttumn's national animal is the Black Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 8 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Auttumn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 20 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 24 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 40 days ago: Auttumn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 45 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 53 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 56 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 59 days ago: Auttumn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 60 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).