“For a better tomorrow”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Parliamentry of Auttumn is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.241 billion Homosexuals are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Commerce, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokyo-3. The average income tax rate is 71%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Auttumn's national animal is the Black Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Auttumn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Auttumn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Auttumn changed its national animal to "Black Man", its demonym to "Homosexual", and its demonym adjective to "Homosexual".
- 34 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 38 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 42 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 60 days ago: Auttumn fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 66 days ago: Auttumn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.