“We Are Many, Among So Very Few”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The New Gothic Empire of Automagfreek is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lord Damien Dreadfire II with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 25.013 billion Freeks have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ULE City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Automagfreek's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, billions of marks are being blown on orbital weapons development, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Automagfreek's national animal is the Piranha, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Vanmakt, and its currency is the mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Automagfreek, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- 6 days ago: Automagfreek lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek removed the tag "Invader" from Varathron.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek banned The Kingdom of Zenicac from Varathron.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek banned The Cimmerian Forest BBQ Party of Hungry Cannibals from Varathron.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek withdrew a request for embassies between Varathron and The Black Riders.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Varathron.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek updated the World Factbook entry in Varathron.
- 7 days ago: Automagfreek abolished the regional flag of Varathron.