“Pro Deo et Patria.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Federation of Auralia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Terrence Chapman with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5.946 billion Auralians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Auralius. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Book Publishing.
Nudity is frowned upon, the government is seen to favor Catholics, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Auralia's national animal is the red-tailed hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Auralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Auralia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 10 days ago: Auralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 13 days ago: Auralia's influence in Catholic rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 14 days ago: Auralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Auralia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 21 days ago: Auralia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 23 days ago: Auralia's influence in Catholic fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 24 days ago: Auralia's influence in Catholic rose from "Minnow" to "Duckspeaker".
- 24 days ago: Auralia relocated from North American Free Trade Agreement to Catholic.