“Iustitia omni auro carior.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Federation of Auralia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Terrence Chapman with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.076 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Auralius. The average income tax rate is 65%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, and urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Auralia's national animal is the red kangaroo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Auralian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Auralia lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 4 hours ago: Auralia lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Auralia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Auralia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Physical Sites Protection Act"".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Auralia lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Auralia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Nuova Esperia.
- 6 days ago: Auralia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Nuova Esperia.
- 6 days ago: Auralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Auralia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Auralia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 21 (Hugoland, Etnofaz, Saint Phillipe, New Octopucta, Flomany, Vinix, Christian Democrats, Jesoland, Osbalstium, Doomsday2012, Lunkin, Atrus, Kinarut, White Isles, The Father and Son and Holy Spirit, Sancta Mater, Catholican Catholica, Faldran, Corinthilos, Utianova, Nuova Esperia)