The Sultanate of Aturkia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Suffete with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.277 billion Aturkians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Odrianaple. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The Aturkian economy, worth a remarkable 1,752 trillion Trapes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 170,515 Trapes, with the richest citizens earning 8.0 times as much as the poorest.
Aturkia's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses, military spending recently hit a new high, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, and police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aturkia's national animal is the Bactrian camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sockism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane.
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : Aturkia's influence in Tellius fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Aturkia's influence in Tellius rose from "Truckler" to "Hermit".
- : Aturkia relocated from Osiris to Tellius.
- : Aturkia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Aturkia ceased to exist.
- : Aturkia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Aturkia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Aturkia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist.