“De Eeuwige Staat”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Sultanate of Aturkia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Sultan with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.513 billion Aturkians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Odrianaple. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but underdeveloped Aturkian economy, worth 600 trillion Trapes a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 79,950 Trapes, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, military spending is on the increase, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, and emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aturkia's national animal is the black maned lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sockism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Aturkia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 hours ago: Aturkia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Aturkia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Aturkia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 15 days ago: Aturkia ceased to exist.
- 35 days ago: Aturkia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Aturkia, emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Aturkia, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 44 days ago: Aturkia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Aturkia, military spending is on the increase.