The Sultanate of Aturkia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Suffete with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.026 billion Aturkians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Education, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Odrianaple. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Aturkian economy, worth 101 trillion Trapes a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 11,243 Trapes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Political activists are routinely executed, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', atheists are heavily taxed, and the arms industry is strictly regulated. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aturkia's national animal is the Bactrian camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sockism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aturkia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Aturkia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Primitive.
- : Aturkia's influence in Tellius fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Aturkia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, atheists are heavily taxed.
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in Aturkia, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
Endorsements Received: None.