“Under the Table Deal”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Queen's State of Attawapiskat is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and complete lack of prisons. The cynical population of 5.752 billion Attawapiskatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Attawapiskatian economy, worth 107 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,609 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Attawapiskat's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 117 minutes ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 4 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 4 days ago: Attawapiskat relocated from Pacific Union to The Americas.
- 6 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 7 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 14 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 15 days ago: Attawapiskat relocated from The Americas to Pacific Union.
- 15 days ago: Attawapiskat relocated from The Mars to The Americas.