“Under the Table Deal”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Republic of Attawapiskat is a massive, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 3.214 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 60%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Attawapiskat's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 9 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 12 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 22 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 35 days ago: Attawapiskat relocated from Galapagos to Ancient Lands.
- 35 days ago: Attawapiskat's influence in Galapagos rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 37 days ago: Attawapiskat's influence in Galapagos rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 37 days ago: Attawapiskat fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Authoritarian.
- 37 days ago: Attawapiskat's influence in Galapagos rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 38 days ago: Attawapiskat's influence in Galapagos rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 38 days ago: Attawapiskat's influence in Galapagos rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".