The Queen's State of Attawapiskat is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, devout population of 9.379 billion Attawapiskatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Attawapiskatian economy, worth 176 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,821 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Attawapiskat's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Idaho rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Attawapiskat relocated from Country of God to Idaho.
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".