The Queen's State of Attawapiskat is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 5.922 billion Attawapiskatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Attawapiskatian economy, worth 111 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,772 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Attawapiskat's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Attawapiskat fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 9 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 22 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 23 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 28 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 30 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout.
- 31 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 32 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 32 days ago: Attawapiskat relocated from Pacific Union to The Americas.
- 34 days ago: Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.