The Queen's State of Attawapiskat is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, devout population of 8.234 billion Attawapiskatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Attawapiskatian economy, worth 154 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,821 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Attawapiskat's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Country of God rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Attawapiskat relocated from Nova Scotia to Country of God.
- : Attawapiskat relocated from Brazzaville to Nova Scotia.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Attawapiskat relocated from Arizona to Brazzaville.