The Queen's State of Attawapiskat is a colossal, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 7.569 billion Attawapiskatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Attawapiskatian economy, worth 142 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,772 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Attawapiskat's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Attawapiskat's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Attawapiskat was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.