The Catholic Commonwealth of Atrus is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Patrician Nathaniel Mowbry with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.842 billion Atrusians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gilead. The average income tax rate is 2.5%.
The strong Atrusian economy, worth 625 trillion Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,798 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel, the might of the nation's military are undertaking a long march to colonisation in Brasilistan, and Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to make doctors appointments. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Atrus's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atrus endorsed The United States of Ovybia.
- : Atrus was endorsed by The United States of Ovybia.
- : Atrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Atrus endorsed The Catholic Republic of Belique.
- : Atrus was endorsed by The Catholic Republic of Belique.
- : Atrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : Atrus's influence in Catholic rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Atrus's influence in Catholic fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Atrus fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Atrus lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.