“Pro Deo et Patria”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Holy Commonwealth of Atrus is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Patrician Nathaniel Mowbry with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.744 billion Atrusians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government is mainly concerned with Religion & Spirituality, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gilead. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology industries.
The explosive fireball of the disintegrating space shuttle has devastated Cape Atrus, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, the government is funneling billions into Cape Atrus following the shuttle crash, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Atrus's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 5 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Atrus lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Atrus's influence in Catholic fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 14 days ago: Atrus was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Lady Christina.
- 14 days ago: Atrus endorsed The Holy Empire of Lady Christina.
- 22 days ago: Atrus endorsed Christianorum civitate.
- 22 days ago: Atrus endorsed The Theocracy of Vaticanan.
- 22 days ago: Atrus lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: Atrus lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- 38 days ago: Atrus was endorsed by The People's Republic of Republic of Mako.
- 38 days ago: Atrus fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.