|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Reis-i Cumhur of Atrigeas is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Nuri Alço with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.017 billion Atrigeasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrigeas City. The average income tax rate is 4%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Furniture Restoration and Information Technology.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, the government seizes all major gold finds, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. Atrigeas's national animal is the Haymana beygiri, and its currency is the Triga.
Most Recent Government Activity: 46 days ago
- 13 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 17 days ago: Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 35 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 45 days ago: Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas rose from "Contender" to "Eminence Grise".
- 46 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 54 days ago: Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 58 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 64 days ago: Atrigeas banned The Incorporated States of Winged Hussar 20 from Atrigeas.
- 65 days ago: Atrigeas unsuppressed a post on the Atrigeas regional message board.