The Reis-i Cumhur of Atrigeas is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nuri Alço with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working population of 10.347 billion Atrigeasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrigeas City. The average income tax rate is 5.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Atrigeasian economy, worth 573 trillion Trigas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Average income is 55,437 Trigas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, the government seizes all major gold finds, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Atrigeas's national animal is the Haymana beygiri, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas fell from "Superpower" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".
- : Atrigeas relocated from Osiris to Atrigeas.
- : Atrigeas was refounded in Osiris.
- : Atrigeas ceased to exist.
- : Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.