The Reis-i Cumhur of Atrigeas is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Nuri Alço with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.219 billion Atrigeasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrigeas City. The average income tax rate is 5.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Atrigeasian economy, worth 460 trillion Trigas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 56,039 Trigas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, the government seizes all major gold finds, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Atrigeas's national animal is the Haymana beygiri.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 15 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 37 days ago: Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 58 days ago: Atrigeas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 63 days ago: Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas rose from "Instigator" to "Eminence Grise".
- 63 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 63 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 75 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 84 days ago: Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 85 days ago: Atrigeas fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 87 days ago: Atrigeas's influence in Atrigeas rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".