The Democratic Republic of Atrigea is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nuri Alço with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working population of 12.523 billion Atrigeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrigeas . The average income tax rate is 12.2%.
The powerhouse Atrigean economy, worth a remarkable 1,011 trillion trigas a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 80,762 trigas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atrigea's national animal is the Haymana beygiri, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 18 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 29 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 38 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 41 days ago: Atrigea fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 45 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 69 days ago: Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 75 days ago: Atrigea relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.