The Democratic Republic of Atrigea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nuri Alço with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and daily referendums. The hard-working population of 14.887 billion Atrigeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrigeas . The average income tax rate is 12.6%.
The powerhouse Atrigean economy, worth a remarkable 1,198 trillion trigas a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Average income is 80,486 trigas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atrigea's national animal is the Haymana beygiri, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average.
- : Atrigea's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Atrigea relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Atrigea was refounded in Balder.
- : Atrigea ceased to exist.
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average, Largest Populations, Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Atrigea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).