“C'est la vie”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Federation of AtlanticTradeUnion is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Gilgamesh with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.442 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of UrbanX. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, nude art is becoming wildly popular, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. AtlanticTradeUnion's national animal is the Drop Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Pylon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 4 days ago: AtlanticTradeUnion was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Zhukov Regime.
- 8 days ago: AtlanticTradeUnion was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- 10 days ago: AtlanticTradeUnion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 10 days ago: AtlanticTradeUnion was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in AtlanticTradeUnion, expats return home to a government devoid of social and environmental agencies.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Sierra Lobo, Theorin, Gauthier, Lakarian, Kringalia, Tsunamy, Michu, Darakin, Alv, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Lord Booze, Escade, South Pacific Belschaft, TorchWood 18, Glenavar, Brutland and Norden, Hileville, Aramanchovia, Kholdan, Iyadara, Elentia, San Triumphus, Sherlockopia, and The Zhukov Regime.