“Bring the Olympic Games in Greece for ever !!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Hellenic Civilization
The Republic of Athens 1896-2004 is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.43 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Trout Farming and Pizza Delivery.
Rice shortages have risen after paddy fields were drained to combat malaria, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, and long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Athens 1896-2004's national animal is the turtle, and its currency is the kotinos.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 7 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 18 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 relocated from Balder to Hellenic Civilization.
- 18 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 was refounded in Balder.
- 19 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 ceased to exist.
- 48 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 68 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 176 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 relocated from Lazarus to Athens.
- 176 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 was refounded.
- 178 days ago: Athens 1896-2004 ceased to exist.