“Post hoc ergo propter hoc”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Ater Nox is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Nox with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service. Its compassionate, cynical population of 4.086 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ateria City. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Government popup ads are springing up like weeds, meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy, all beauty contests have been banned, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ater Nox's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Aterian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 12 minutes ago: Ater Nox relocated from The Rejected Realms to Nord.
- 14 minutes ago: Ater Nox was ejected and banned from Yorkshire by The Holy Empire of Norseman.
- 15 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Ater Nox, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 16 minutes ago: Ater Nox endorsed The Determined democracy of The Mejobsworth.
- 16 minutes ago: Ater Nox relocated from Nord to Yorkshire.
- 51 minutes ago: Ater Nox was endorsed by The Sig Sauer P229R of Bad Infinitum.
- 52 minutes ago: Ater Nox was endorsed by The Free and Happy people of of Tredania.
- 71 minutes ago: Ater Nox endorsed The Homo Sapiens of Gwizel.
- 75 minutes ago: Ater Nox was endorsed by The Homo Sapiens of Gwizel.
- 75 minutes ago: Ater Nox was endorsed by The Cutting Edge of Valyrian Steel.