“This space available for advertising.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Corporate Utopia of Atamis is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Apollo with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.019 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haven City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
There are no minimum wage laws, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason, the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Atamis's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Consumerism, and its currency is the Royale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 7 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- 7 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals.
- 4 hours ago: Atamis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 4 hours ago: Atamis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, there are no minimum wage laws.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Atamis was endorsed by The Dominion of Sierra Lobo.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Atamis endorsed The Republic of Helpful Whispers.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Atamis was endorsed by The Republic of Helpful Whispers.
Endorsements Received: 62 (Brutland and Norden, Vladistania, Brittany the Great, KLK, Darakin, Pamela And Hepatitis, Alf Landon, Kiasu-ism, Curlyhoward, Cypricia, Aspatia, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Redemptorian, Arthloxia, Aspratia, Ancient Slobovia, The Cruel Pirates, The Union of Free Individuals, Unionized America, Aramanchovia, Cypriot City-States, Nobody Home, Church Hills, Neo-Tesla, Kreios, Crapotopia, Arcadia Austral, South Pacific Belschaft, Hileville, Drugged Monkeys, Theorin, Kestral Blue, Royeaux, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Sheepatropolis, Michu, Radole, The HEM, Nevergrowoldia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Legit Republic of Blanketsburg, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, United Imaginations, Azuremyst Glades, Nonce Rho, Dovanet, Mavenu, The Trans-Pacific, El Markus, Vulkanus, El Moriyana, Nibitorius, Mithres, --TAO--, Great Bahamas, Bobs raider puppet, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Tenir, Gauthier, Helpful Whispers, Sierra Lobo)