“For the Empire. For the Emperor.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Eternal Empire of Atamis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Stilicho with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 6.009 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haven City. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', protests are legal but strictly supervised, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atamis's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Imperial Cult, and its currency is the Royale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Atamis was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Atamis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Atamis was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Lanndau.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Atamis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Atamis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Brittany the Great, Darakin, Kiasu-ism, Curlyhoward, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Arthloxia, Ancient Slobovia, The Union of Free Individuals, Aramanchovia, Church Hills, South Pacific Belschaft, Theorin, Michu, Nevergrowoldia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Dovanet, Vulkanus, Gauthier, Sierra Lobo, Katostan, Kien Truong, Cape Adare, Escade, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Iyadara, Yeses, Sherlockopia, Kringalia, Akiroslobaquia, ErinMcMahon, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Axelzuera, Santa Tierra, Southern Wiland, Pillaganburnistan, End666, and Lanndau.