“For the Empire. For the Emperor.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Eternal Empire of Atamis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Stilicho with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.583 billion Atamisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haven City. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, all footpaths have tollbooths, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atamis's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Imperial Cult, and its currency is the Royale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Atamis was endorsed by The Federation of Sporaltryus.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 8 days ago: Atamis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: Atamis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Atamis was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Atamis, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Brittany the Great, Darakin, Kiasu-ism, Curlyhoward, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Arthloxia, Ancient Slobovia, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Theorin, Nevergrowoldia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Dovanet, Vulkanus, Gauthier, Sierra Lobo, Kien Truong, Cape Adare, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Yeses, Sherlockopia, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Axelzuera, Santa Tierra, Pillaganburnistan, End666, Lanndau, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, The Imperial Confederacy, PenguinPies, and Sporaltryus.