“Roy, Foy, Loy”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Kingdom of Astralsideria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Alexander V with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.699 billion Astralsiderians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanvarck. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Uranium Mining.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, there is a dearth of space for new houses, and a flood of mandatory divorces burden the courts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astralsideria's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Siderine Church, and its currency is the mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 8 hours ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 4 days ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 7 days ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 7 days ago: Astralsideria was refounded in Balder.
- 40 days ago: Astralsideria ceased to exist.
- 44 days ago: Astralsideria's influence in Myranim fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 46 days ago: Astralsideria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 59 days ago: Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.