The Most Serene Kingdom of Astralsideria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Alexander V with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 11.939 billion Astralsiderians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanvarck. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Astralsiderian economy, worth a remarkable 2,829 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 237,017 marks, with the richest citizens earning 8.6 times as much as the poorest.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, there is a dearth of space for new houses, and a flood of mandatory divorces burden the courts. Crime is a serious problem. Astralsideria's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is the Siderine Church.
Astralsideria is ranked 736th in Balder and 18,110th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 184 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astralsideria fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Devout.
- : Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Astralsideria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Astralsideria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Astralsideria was refounded in Balder.
- : Astralsideria ceased to exist.
- : Astralsideria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.