“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Holmes
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 11.966 billion Astholmish English Canadians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Astholm changed its national capital to "London" and its demonym to "Astholmish English Canadian".
- 19 days ago: Astholm fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 47 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 64 days ago: Astholm published "Zeleni Kamenivica" (Account: Culture).
- 64 days ago: Astholm published "Whitfield Garden City" (Account: Other).
- 65 days ago: Astholm published "Subaru Regashi" (Factbook: History).
- 77 days ago: Astholm published "New Car Review: Balna LTP FSe Michigan" (Account: Other).
- 80 days ago: Astholm published "Relevant links NS-wise" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 80 days ago: Astholm published "Elmapahari [Astholm Wikitravel]" (Factbook: Geography).
- 84 days ago: Astholm published "Walloon Astholmian" (Factbook: Culture).