“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Astholmian Territories
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a colossal, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.33 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London-y-Balne. The average income tax rate is 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 57 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 76 days ago: Astholm altered its national flag.
- 105 days ago: Astholm published the Factbook "Ethnicities of Astholm".
- 106 days ago: Astholm altered its national flag.
- 110 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 124 days ago: Astholm relocated from Osiris to Astholmian Territories.
- 157 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 183 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 188 days ago: Astholm published the Factbook "Celsan's sub-brands".
- 234 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.