“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.049 billion Canadians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 9.3%.
The powerhouse Astholmian economy, worth 896 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is 68,688 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Astholm is ranked 3,062nd in Osiris and 104,056th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -124.5 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 11 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 41 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 55 days ago: Astholm changed its national demonym plural to "Canadians".
- 55 days ago: Astholm was refounded in Osiris.
- 55 days ago: Astholm ceased to exist.
- 95 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 100 days ago: Astholm lodged a message on the Windemere Regional Message Board.
- 102 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 118 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".