“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Holmes
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 11.094 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London-y-Balne. The average income tax rate is 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Astholm published "Hrastovešume" (Factbook: Geography).
- 8 days ago: Astholm published "2014 Balna CQ70" (Account: Trade).
- 8 days ago: Astholm published "2014 Balna B33" (Account: Trade).
- 8 days ago: Astholm published "Balna Range 2014" (Account: Trade).
- 22 days ago: Astholm published "Renault Lagune (2011-2014)" (Account: Other).
- 24 days ago: Astholm published "Crossing Astholm from the Canadian border (by road)" (Factbook: International).
- 33 days ago: Astholm published "Gozdovi Astholmian" (Factbook: Culture).
- 35 days ago: Astholm published "Etiquette - Rētalōga people" (Factbook: Culture).
- 42 days ago: Astholm published "Rētalōga Astholmian" (Factbook: Culture).
- 42 days ago: Astholm published "Used Car Review: Celsan SF80 Ewai (2008-2013)" (Account: Trade).