“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.835 billion Canadians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 19%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 5 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 20 days ago: Astholm changed its national demonym plural to "Canadians".
- 20 days ago: Astholm was refounded in Osiris.
- 20 days ago: Astholm ceased to exist.
- 60 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 64 days ago: Astholm lodged a message on the Windemere Regional Message Board.
- 67 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 83 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 89 days ago: Astholm published "Importing a Car into Astholm" (Account: Trade).
- 107 days ago: Astholm's influence in Windemere rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".