“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Holmes
The Metropolitan Borough of Astholm is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 11.381 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London-y-Balne. The average income tax rate is 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, Astholm's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Astholm's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Astholm published "Major towns and counties of Astholm [STATISTICAL FOR HM GOVERNMENT ASTHOLM]" (Factbook: Politics).
- 5 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 7 days ago: Astholm published "New Car Guide April 2014 [Non-Astholmian marques] [autoguide.com.ast]" (Account: Other).
- 13 days ago: Astholm published "New Car Price Guide: April 2014 [astholmautoguide.com.ast]" (Account: Other).
- 22 days ago: Astholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Astholm altered its national flag.
- 26 days ago: Astholm published "Wikitravel: Astholmian Samoa" (Factbook: Overview).
- 31 days ago: Astholm published "Wikitravel: Astholm" (Factbook: Geography).
- 31 days ago: Astholm published "Lǎoyīng Fāshè" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 33 days ago: Astholm published "Dàzhòng" (Factbook: Economy).