“Strength Through Sacrifice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Empire of Astalekon is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Adrian Hawke with an even hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.81 billion Astalekonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kirkwall. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, Astalekon's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astalekon's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Adrianism, and its currency is the Erak.
Most Recent Government Activity: 101 minutes ago
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Astalekon, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 7 days ago: Astalekon password-protected Wistlor.
- 20 days ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 27 days ago: Astalekon's influence in Wistlor rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 56 days ago: Astalekon's influence in Wistlor fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 71 days ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 82 days ago: Astalekon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 83 days ago: Astalekon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 95 days ago: Following new legislation in Astalekon, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 95 days ago: Following new legislation in Astalekon, Astalekon's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses.