“Strength Through Sacrifice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Empire of Astalekon is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Adrian Hawke with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.276 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kirkwall. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, all citizens are solely referenced by their allocated identity number, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astalekon's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Adrianism, and its currency is the Erak.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 14 hours ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 20 days ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Astalekon composed a new Welcome Telegram for Wistlor.
- 20 days ago: Astalekon canceled the Welcome Telegram of Wistlor.
- 20 days ago: Astalekon updated the World Factbook entry in Wistlor.
- 24 days ago: Astalekon added the tag "Role Player" to Wistlor.
- 26 days ago: Astalekon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 29 days ago: Astalekon composed a new Welcome Telegram for Wistlor.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Astalekon, toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense.