|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Grey Republic of Aspratia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Hundredth Monkey with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.983 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quinto. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology industries.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Aspratia. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aspratia's national animal is the Philosophical Turtle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Shell.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 7 minutes ago: Aspratia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Aspratia was endorsed by The Republic of Helpful Whispers.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Aspratia, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Aspratia.
- 9 days ago: Aspratia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Aspratia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Aspratia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Aspratia, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 9 days ago: Aspratia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Aspratia, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Aspratia, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 34 (Brutland and Norden, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Atamis, Arcadia Austral, South Pacific Belschaft, The Union of Free Individuals, Hileville, Drugged Monkeys, Royeaux, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Sheepatropolis, Michu, Aramanchovia, Radole, The HEM, Andermanni, Dovanet, Mavenu, El Markus, Vulkanus, El Moriyana, Cape Adare, Mithres, --TAO--, Bobs raider puppet, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Escade, Azuremyst Glades, Korodas, Tenir, Distortilla, Pugs Only, Helpful Whispers)